Are you interested in chaperoning at Camp Friendly Pines? Please fill out this form to submit your information.
We are also seeking parents interested in assisting with the Camp Friendly Pines committee. Please consider joining your 5th Grader on this memorable trip or helping with the planning and fundraising! If you are interested in helping on the committee, please email Jenny Goldman
Camp Friendly Pines Committee fundraises throughout the year so that our 5th Graders can all attend this amazing trip!
Camp Friendly Pines is an annual trip for our 5th Graders. Students spend 4 days at Camp Friendly Pines in Prescott, Arizona. This long tradition has students participating in a literal classroom in the pines. Classroom studies such as Language Arts, Science, Social Studies, etc. are all practiced using the environment around them. Other exciting activities include ropes courses, horseback riding, cabin skits, and more! All 5th Grade Teachers attend but parent chaperones are also needed. Teachers and parent volunteers work year round to make this a great experience for everyone. Various fundraising events are held throughout the school year to help off-set the cost of the trip as well as provide scholarships for students. Visit Camp Friendly Pines’ website here.
Important Dates & Times
Monday August 15th, 2022
The first payment of $125.00 is due for camp (you may also pay the entire
amount up front). Your tax credit receipt will be sent to your Email.
How to pay online for camp:
- Go to PowerSchool parent portal and log in
- Click on “Purchases and Payments” in the menu on the left
- Click on your student’s name. Then click Pay Fines/Fees
- Make a checkmark in the item(s) you’d like to pay. Then click the blue Pay
Selected Fines/Fees button
- Check out using your card information & Click “Submit Payment”
- We will run a report on our end, but we suggest that you print out your
receipt AND e-mail the receipt to yourself as back-up
- Forward/screenshot your confirmation and email it to your student’s
first period teacher teacher and email@example.com
Friday August 26th, 2022
Packet of forms due (Attachments A-G) to your homeroom teacher
Friday September 2, 2022
Last payment of $125.00 is due for camp. Please follow
Tuesday September 27th, 2022
MANDATORY Luggage Drop Off Day: 4:00 – 5:30 PM in the cafeteria
- Bring all student and chaperone luggage marked with the student/chaperone name and first period teacher marked on the outside
- Place ALL sleeping bags/bedding in a bag with your student’s name and first period teacher marked on the outside
- Bring ALL student prescription medication (medication must be in original bottle with student name and directions listed)
Wednesday September 28th, 2022
Students arrive to school like a normal day (by 8:30 AM)
- Students MUST be dressed in long pants and closed toed shoes
- Busses depart by 9:30 AM
Friday September 30th, 2022
Buses will arrive at Meadows at approximately 11:30
- Your student’s luggage must go home TODAY
- Please make any necessary arrangements for your student to be picked up either at the church lot or the 3rd avenue lot. Students may not walk/ride home.