Camp Friendly Pines Snack Sign Up:
Camp Friendly Pines requires ALL participants (student and chaperone) to complete an online liability waiver. Please follow the link to complete it by FRIDAY, Sept. 15.
Questions? Please contact Christy Schwalenberg [email protected]
We are excited to support Meadows’ annual 5th grade Camp Friendly Pines trip. Every year, Meadows’ 5th graders spend 2.5 days in the pines of Prescott, Arizona. While in Prescott, students will engage in a classroom in the forest. This year, the trip will take place September 27-29, 2023. The cost for this field trip is $250 per student.
Help Make This Trip a Success
In order to make this field trip a success, we need help from the Meadows community. Here’s how you can help:
- Donate. Help fund a scholarship for a student in need. Student scholarships ensure financial limitations do not prohibit any student from participating. Go to Powerschool to help fund a scholarship.
- Volunteer. We need help collecting and organizing snacks and water, organizing luggage, and more! Contact our field trip committee chairs Nichole Daudet ([email protected]) and Jenna Smith ([email protected]) to volunteer.
- Chaperone. We need parent chaperones for the trip! You must apply via the District website to receive approval to be an overnight chaperone. Click here to learn what steps need to be followed to be approved as an overnight chaperone with the district. After completing the necessary steps through the District, complete this form. Applying does not guarantee that you will be chosen to chaperone. If you have chaperone-specific questions, contact 5th grade teacher Brittany Vermeersch ([email protected]).
August 17, 2023 – 5:00pm – Field Trip Information Meeting (Mandatory if your student plans to attend camp)
Please join us in the Meadows Cafeteria on Thursday, August 17 at 5:00pm to learn more details about the trip. The meeting is immediately before Curriculum Night.
August 28, 2023 – Field Trip Forms Due
On August 14, your student’s 8th period teacher will send home the required field trip forms. Please complete and have your student return the forms to the front office or a 5th grade teacher by no later than August 28, 2023. Go here to confirm that you have all of the necessary forms. If you need another copy of a form printed for you, please go to the Meadows Front Office to request a copy.
August 28, 2023 – First Payment Due
First payment of $125 is due by August 28. You may pay the entire amount of $250 by this date if you wish. To make your payment online, you must go through PowerSchool. Here are more detailed instructions:
- Go to PowerSchool parent portal and log in
- Click on “Purchases and Payments” in the menu on the left
- Click on your student’s name. Then click Pay Fines/Fees. You should see a fee for “5th Grade Camp to Friendly.”
- Enter the amount you’d like to pay in the Camp Friendly Pines Field Trip Fee category. If you’d like to donate money toward the field trip scholarship fund, you can do so via Powerschool as well. Then click the blue Buy button. The fee will be added to your Cart at this time.
- Click the Check Out button in the top right corner to be taken to your cart.
- Once in your cart, you can complete the checkout process by entering your credit or debit card information & clicking on the Submit Payment button.
- You should receive an emailed copy of your receipt upon payment. Forward a copy of your payment receipt to Maria in the front office ([email protected]). Include your student’s name in the subject line of your email. (We will run a payment report on our end, but we suggest you do this as a back-up.)
Payments may also be made in person by credit card or check in the Meadows front office. If you have questions about payments, please contact the front office at (602) 664-7600 or email [email protected].
If you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please reach out to 5th grade teacher Christy Schwalenberg ([email protected]).
September 11, 2023 – Final Payment Due
Final payment of $125 is due. Please follow the above payment instructions. If you’d like to apply for a partial scholarship, please reach out to 5th grade teacher Christy Schwalenberg ([email protected]).
September 26, 2023 – 4:00-5:30 pm – Luggage and Medication Drop-Off
Luggage and medication drop off is from 4pm – 5:30pm in the Meadows Library. Student and chaperone luggage must be dropped off at this time.
Please follow these instructions when preparing the luggage:
- All student and chaperone luggage must be labeled on the outside with the student/chaperone’s first and last name
- Place ALL sleeping bags/bedding in one bag. The bag must be labeled on the outside with the student/chaperone’s name and first period teacher.
- Place ALL student prescription medication in a resealable ziplock bag labeled with the student’s name and first period teacher. Medication must be in the original bottle with the student’s name and directions listed. Please make arrangements with Nurse Crystal ([email protected]) if you intend for your student to bring on the trip the medication already in Nurse Crystal’s possession at school.
Be sure to check the luggage in with a volunteer when you drop it off. Click here to view the packing list.
September 29, 2023
Buses will return to Meadows at approximately 1:30pm. Pick-up procedures will be shared closer to the departure date. Know that students may be checked out early or stay until 3:40. Students MAY NOT take the bus home or walk or bike. They need to take ALL LUGGAGE home TODAY.